We’ve had our fair share of indulgences lately, so it’s time to get back on the health train with these 100% veggie burrito bowls! Cauliflower rice makes an amazing base for so many dishes – you could almost forget you’re eating a vegetable. I posted my go-to cauliflower rice recipe on Instagram not too long ago, and have found the perfect place for it in these spicy, savory perfect-for-weeknight-dinner bowls.
The “meat” in this recipe is also completely vegetarian, made with Beyond Meat Feisty Crumbles! I love using plant-based proteins, and Beyond’s products are so quick and easy to season.
- One head cauliflower
- One bag Beyond Meat Feisty Crumbles
- One small onion, fine dice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 1/2 cup veggie broth
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, sliced
- 2 green onions or chives, chopped
- 2 limes
- Salsa of your choice
- One packet taco seasoning (or make your own!)
- 4 tbsp EVOO
- Make the cauliflower rice. Chop the cauliflower into florets and place in a food processor. Use the grating attachment for the best results. Set aside.
- Heat EVOO in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic, onion, and bell peppers. Sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Add the cauliflower rice to the skillet and stir to combine.
- Add tomato paste, juice of one lime, half of the cilantro, and veggie broth. Mix well and cover until the broth evaporates – about 5-7 minutes.
- While the cauliflower rice and veggies cook, prepare the “taco meat.” In another small to medium skillet, heat EVOO over medium high heat. Add the crumbles and season with taco seasoning. Stir continuously until the crumbles have softened and are warmed through. Side note: you could easily sub in lean beef or turkey here if you’re not into the vegetarian vibe!
- Assemble the bowls. Layer cauliflower rice and veggies and top with the seasoned crumbles. Top with avocado, green onions, remaining cilantro and salsa. Squeeze a little lime juice on top and you’re ready to enjoy!!