It’s too early for chocolate chip pumpkin bread, but not to worry. I have a solution. I’m celebrating summer squash season (and Game of Thrones season) with this chocolate chip ZUCCHINI bread! This recipe contains two entire zucchinis, so I’m considering it a health food.
This recipe is just about as easy as baking gets, but you wouldn’t know it! No mixer required. And, it does not taste like zucchini. I found this gem over on Love & Lemons, where you can also find instructions for a vegan version.
- 2 cups shredded zucchini (about two medium)
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 4 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1/2 cup EVOO
- 1/2 cup vanilla almond milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 and spray two 8×4 loaf pans with nonstick spray.
- Set the shredded zucchini aside on paper towels to drain.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flours, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, sugar, olive oil, almond milk and vanilla. Gently squeeze any excess moisture from the zucchini, and stir into the mixture. Add dry ingredients to the bowl and stir until just combined.
- Pour the batter into your prepared loaf pans and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool and serve warm. Top with butter if that’s how you roll!