I’m completely in love with this super simple, incredibly delicious salad! I discovered it one afternoon when I combined a random handful of ingredients I had in the fridge, and I’m so glad I did. It’s packed with nutrients, and makes a perfect lunch or side for your main protein or pasta dish.
This salad is all about quality ingredients. Fresh greens and a solid avocado are musts – I’m obsessed with Lacinato kale lately. It will change your world. Also, make sure you use the best olive oil you can find and fresh S+P…it makes all the difference!
- One bunch Lacinato kale
- Pickled red onions, to taste
- One avocado, sliced
- One lemon
- One bunch basil
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds
- 2-3 tbsp EVOO, or more to taste
- 2 tbsp champagne vinegar, or more to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Sea salt
- Crushed red pepper flakes
- Shred the kale, discarding the stems. Pick basil leaves. Combine and place in a large serving bowl or portion out one serving and save the rest for later.
- Assemble the salad. Top your kale and basil mixture with pickled red onions, sliced avocado, and hemp seeds.
- Add EVOO, champagne vinegar, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper. Finish with lemon juice and lemon zest. Toss and enjoy!