Is there anything I love more than a one pot meal? Yes. A one pot meal that is so good and so easy that I made it twice in one week and didn’t get bored with it at all. And guess what? This kale, white bean and sweet potato noodle bake is back on the menu this week. I’d even go so far as to say this meal is weekend worthy (it has cheese!!).
This recipe is from Inspiralized, one of my favorite blogs for recipes that are packed with vegetables and super flavorful!
- 1 large sweet potato, spiralized into fettuccini style noodles
- 3-4 cups chopped lacinato kale
- 14.5oz can white beans
- 14.5oz can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 3/4 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2-3 tbsp EVOO
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Heat oil in a 12” large oven safe skillet over medium high heat.
- Once oil is shimmering, add your sweet potato noodles and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook until softened.
- Add the kale, white beans, tomatoes, thyme, and oregano. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Toss until kale is slightly wilted but not cooked all the way through.
- Remove skillet from heat and sprinkle with cheese. Transfer to the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with red pepper flakes and some more oregano. Serve hot!