I love shopping for any reason, but this time of year allows me to really let my retail prowess shine.
The art of gift giving is multifaceted and includes many steps. To name a few:
- Purchase gift perfectly suited to recipient’s tastes and personality. This part is arguably the most enjoyable…feel free to snag a few items for yourself too, especially if you went to the mall because you deserve a reward.
- Wrap said gift in your choice of fabulous seasonal paper, ribbon, etc. (I’m coming for you Container Store Gift Wrap Wonderland.) If your place of residence doesn’t begin to look like Santa’s Workshop during the weeks leading up to Christmas, you’re doing it wrong.
- Generate excitement from recipient by bringing up gift as much as possible (obviously you want the recipient to be as excited as you are that you’ve found the perfect gift for their lifestyle.) Hopefully they got you something amazing too but that really isn’t what this is all about.
- Pour yourself a glass of mulled wine and watch your friends and family delight at the thought, care and excellent wrapping craftsmanship you’ve put into gift giving this year.
However, when we find ourselves at this point in the holiday season, sometimes there just aren’t enough hours in the day to spend at the mall or elsewhere making dreams come true. That’s why I’ve compiled this handy guide of last minute holiday stocking stuffers – or should I say stocking stars…
And of course, links to purchase these carefully curated gifts:
- Anthropologie Russet Measuring Cups
- Ban.do Back Me Up! Mobile Charger
- Kendra Scott Jordy Ear Jackets
- Glossier Mega Greens Galaxy Pack
- Sugar Paper Ashton Avenue Monogram Stationary
- Fresh Sugar Lip Polish
- Classpass Gift Card
- Westward Leaning Voyager 14 Sunnies
- JBL Clip
- Gap Printed Cotton Leggings
Let’s not forget the presentation, people. Laura Hooper Calligraphy’s gift wrap and wine totes (naturally) are fantastic finishing touches. And if you’re searching for a stocking for all these goodies, why not get one that is faux fur, a la Pottery Barn?