This shredded Brussels sprout salad from What’s Gaby Cooking is giving me life this month! It’s the perfect green addition to the holiday cheese board and cookie mix. This salad has all of my favorites…pomegranate seeds, candied walnuts, parmesan, and plenty of crunchy shredded Brussels. Hunter actually said “this is the best salad I’ve ever had,” so it must be that good or I just need to make more weeknight salads.
Also worth mentioning – I shredded these Brussels sprouts in this Cuisinart food processor, using the slicing/shredding attachment. I will never go back. Hand slicing these on a mandolin or with a knife sound so time-consuming now. Also it’s currently on sale, so go grab one for your foodie friend or yourself!
I turned some of my salad leftovers (doubled the original recipe to make enough for a crowd) into a Monday meal worth looking forward to by topping with roasted salmon.
- 2 pounds Brussels sprouts, shredded
- 1 bunch Tuscan kale, stemmed and leaves thinly sliced
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- 2 avocados, peeled and diced
- 1 cup candied walnuts, chopped
- 1/2 cup – 1 cup shaved parmesan
- 6 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1 cup EVOO
- Coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper
- Using a food processor, mandolin, or knife, thinly slice the Brussels sprouts. Combine with the sliced kale in a large bowl and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, red wine vinegar, olive oil, shallot, and garlic, and season with salt and pepper. If you’re prepping the salad to go, a small Pyrex bowl makes the perfect salad dressing shaker!
- Pour the dressing over the Brussels sprouts and kale and toss to coat well. Top with pomegranate seeds, avocado, candied walnuts and parmesan cheese. Add more S+P to taste and enjoy!