Merry Christmas Eve Eve! I’m coming to you live from I-35, and our car is full of these delicious snickerdoodle blondie brownies for our families. I highly recommend you consider making these treats as a pre-Christmas activity! You won’t regret it.
This recipe is from What’s Gaby Cooking, and as soon as I saw it, I knew we would have to make these for Christmas. They’re cinnamon-y, sugary, and they don’t require a ton of ingredients. In fact, for the first time ever, I only had to pick up one ingredient to bake something (eggs)! That is a major win.
- 1 cup butter, melted (two sticks)
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 4 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
Cinnamon sugar topping:
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl or stand mixer, combine melted butter and brown sugar and mix for a minute or so until combined.
- Add vanilla and eggs, making sure to scrape down the sides of the bowl, and mix until fully incorporated.
- Add the dry ingredients into the bowl/stand mixer (flour, baking powder, cinnamon and baking soda) and slowly mix until just combined.
- Spray a 9×9 baking pan with baking spray and line it with parchment paper. Transfer the batter into the baking pan and top with the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Once the blondies have baked, remove them from the oven and let cool for at least two hours before cutting and serving.