Your desk lunch doesn’t have to be sad. In fact, it can be the highlight of your workday if you put a little planning into it.
Of course, ideally we would all be sitting on a patio somewhere sipping cocktails and enjoying a nice cheese board, but sometimes that’s just not an option. Now, with the invention of mason jar salads and major improvements in the plastic lunch container world (how cool are these adult lunch boxes?) lunch at your desk can officially be less depressing and more enjoyable.
Key attributes of a great desk lunch include:
- Portability (major key)
- Ability to fit in office fridge
- Easy assembly
- Minimal mess
- Great tasting (necessary)
- Healthy (for the most part…)
Today I give you two options that meet all of the above criteria:
- Lemon Tarragon Salad with Sautéed Vegetables + Veggie Burger with Lemon Hummus and Sprouts (my current fave)
- LL’s Salad in a Jar (bonus: makes a great Instagram)