To preface this post, these are my three favorite juice recipes right now and they are all delicious. They will also will really, truly mess up your kitchen. But it’s worth it.
Summer is the perfect time to incorporate juice into your daily drink rotation. It’s hot (and juice is refreshing) and it’s swimsuit season (health vibes). My first juice endeavor took place last year, and involved an extended trip to Whole Foods and a massive haul of produce at which Hunter was very confused/disturbed. However, once he realized how good it was he (sort of) got on board.
Today I present to you: a classic cucumber mint green juice, a zesty spicy orange juice, and a refreshing AF watermelon lime juice. The entire time I was making the watermelon lime juice I was thinking about how to turn it into a watermelon lime margarita, but that’s for another post.
Cucumber Mint Green Juice
- 4-5 celery stalks
- two medium to large cucumbers (you can always save the extra juice!)
- two apples (I recommend granny smith or fuji!)
- one bunch mint
- one bunch spinach
- one lemon
- Chop and peel all ingredients into juicer-friendly sizes and process in the juicer. I use a Breville! I also peel the lemon, but not the cucumbers or apples.
- Garnish with mint and drink immediately, or store for later! These juices are good for a couple of days.
Spicy Orange Juice
- Two large grapefruits (there are actually no oranges in this recipe…sorry!)
- 5-6 carrots
- 1 small to medium piece of ginger
- 1 small to medium piece of turmeric
- Chop, peel, and prep ingredients.
- Juice and enjoy! The more ginger and turmeric you add, the spicier it will be.
Watermelon Lime Juice
- One watermelon (you could buy a halved watermelon) or pre-chopped watermelon. At least five or so cups.
- Two limes
- For this one, you’ll use your blender! Drop the pieces of watermelon in and add the lime juice and a little water.
- Blend until liquified, then pour over a strainer into a bowl or pitcher. Once ready to enjoy, transfer to your glass of choice and garnish with lime or leftover watermelon!